We have measured all the tangible elements of Santa’s World Tour 2022 to GHG Protocol where catered for.
Our calculations include:
- Food for Santa (generous portions)
- Feed for 7 hardworking reindeers
- Methane emissions of 7 reindeers (Yes, that’s farting)
- A vegetarian menu for 100 Elves, for 48 weeks a year (with 4 weeks holiday relaxing on the beach after Christmas)
Divided by 1 billion kids (just the well-behaved ones!)
= 5.564 milligrammes CO2e per child*
* We always encourage complete transparency but as The Big Guy is notoriously secretive about his operation, we have assumed that all magical elements are zero impact.
Read all our Sustainable Travel News >
Ready to advance greener tourism? Get in touch today and build an industry leading environmental strategy with TerraVerde >
Read our Climate Action Plan >