Supporting travel & tourism’s journey to net-zero
We accurately measure the impact of your:
• Travel Products
to produce transparent, science-based carbon reports
We help you…
- Implement successful strategies to global standards
- Reduce carbon, water & waste
- Control consumption & costs
- Build trusted customer communications
- Risk assessments for climate change & compliance
- Navigate pathways to global certifications
- Engage suppliers, teams, investors and communities
Embracing ESG is a business imperative:
Respond to Customers
Industry leaders like Google, Booking.com & The Travel Corporation are reacting to consumer demand by adding ‘Low Emissions’ & ‘Eco-certified’ filters to their sites.
Meet Regulations & attract Investment
Stay ahead, as environmental reporting requirements tighten, whilst also satisfying the criteria ESG investors are searching for.
Acquire & Retain Talent
Forbes finds that 83% of millennials would be more loyal to a company that contributes to environmental issues. Sustainable practices help the acquisition & retention of top talent.
Founded by travel industry leaders, TerraVerde brings deep insights and sector expertise to deliver practical, business-friendly solutions.
Working with future-focused organisations:
The Business Case
Carbon emissions reporting is cascading through tourism’s value chain:
We help you:
Reduce your Environmental Impact with:
- Base year & comparative carbon measurements, following the GHG Protocol, using factors from a number of countries
- Full Scope 3 analysis including waste, water, digital services, homeworking, use of materials and services
- Reduction planning and tips to 2030; science-based in line with 1.5o C ambition.
Engage your Stakeholders
- Webinars, training and greenwash-checked Communications to inspire & motivate Customers, Investors & Teams
- Initiatives to engage holiday destination communities
Mitigate your Emissions
- Robust strategies for mitigating those emissions with little early prospect for reduction
- Advice on developing climate portfolios including quality offsets, carbon removal projects and investment in sustainable aviation fuels & other climate technologies
Take action on your Value Chain, Products & Events
- Analysis of your suppliers and communications to bring them along with you
- Measure your travel products enabling future carbon labelling
- Measuring events with reductions guidance
- Tools & templates to save you time
We work with travel companies (large and small), to create tourism focused, environmental action plans, with clear and achievable milestones.
The Nordic Tourism Collective is an independent, not-for-profit and collaborative network for the Nordic and Baltic travel and tourism industry.
The Nordic Tourism Collective
ETOA is the trade association for tour operators and suppliers in European destinations, from global brands to local independent businesses. The membership includes tour and online operators, intermediaries and wholesalers, European tourist boards, hotels, attractions, technology companies and other tourism and business service providers.
European tourism association
Bemari is an impact collective supporting organisations on the journey to regenerative practices through circularity, sustainable procurement and impactful business models.
Our multi-disciplinary expertise helps you embed sustainability in value chains and leverage buying power to accelerate positive change.
With air travel accounting for 2.5% of global CO2 emissions, a number of EU countries are phasing out certain domestic flight routes in favour of greener rail alternatives.
The Train Over Plane initiative developed by SilverRail presents compelling reasons and useful tools to help governments phase out domestic air travel.
Train Over Plane
ABTA’s purpose is to help its Members to grow their businesses successfully and sustainably which align perfectly with the values we promote at TerraVerde.
We are proud to have been accepted into ABTA’s B2B partnership programme and look forward to supporting ABTA members on their sustainability journeys.
ABTA Partner Directory
The Global Sustainable Tourism Council® (GSTC) establishes and manages global standards for sustainable travel and tourism, known as the GSTC Criteria.
GSTC (Global Sustainable Tourism Council)
Established as Travel Trade Gazette in 1953, TTG Media delivers authoritative travel industry news and business advice across a monthly magazine and ttgmedia.com, and also has a portfolio of market-leading awards programmes and other events.
As TTG Media’s sustainability adviser, TerraVerde will help TTG measure and declare its current carbon footprint, set a strategy to halve emissions by 2030, and advise on other matters of responsible operations. The partnership will also see TerraVerde share best practice with TTG’s audience, contribute advice to TTG’s Sustainable Travel Heroes initiative, and assist with judging of ‘fairer travel’ categories in the Travel Industry Awards by TTG
We are privileged to be a launch partner and signatory of the Glasgow Declaration on Climate Action in Tourism.
The Glasgow Declaration is a catalyst for increased urgency about the need to accelerate climate action in tourism and to secure strong actions and commitment to support the global goals to halve emissions over the next decade and reach Net Zero emissions as soon as possible before 2050.
Glasgow Declaration Climate Action in Tourism
We follow global standards:
Events, News & Views:
We welcome opportunities to share our thoughts on sustainable tourism, contact us if you’d like us to be part of your next event. See all our Recent events >